Harland Miller OUI (XL) 2023
XL dimensions: 103 x 70.5 cm | 40 9/16 x 27 3/4 in.
XXL dimensions: 170.5 x 117 cm | 67 x 46 in.
Signed and numbered
Published by Manifold Editions, 2023
• The image of the artwork shows a proof, not the final edition, and each edition may vary slightly from this image.
• The purchase price is inclusive of VAT. If VAT is not applicable to the sale, any VAT added to the price will be deducted upon confirmation of the delivery address at check-out and prior to you making payment.
• International orders may be subject to additional local taxes or import duties.
• Sales are strictly limited to one edition per household.
• The edition number will be allocated at the point of sale.
• Editions cannot be resold to a third party for a period of five years.
• White Cube reserves the right to cancel or refund orders for any reason.
• We are legally required to obtain and check identity documents for all our collectors who purchase an artwork of €10,000 or more, and title to this edition will not pass to you until these checks are satisfactorily completed. A member of our compliance team will be in contact with you after you place your order.
• Please read our full online terms of sale.
• This edition is sold unframed.
• Collection is possible for this edition at White Cube Bermondsey. This option will appear at checkout.
• All editions are packaged to the highest standards, managed at our warehouse using archival materials.
• Shipping charges are additional and will be calculated at checkout.
• We aim to dispatch editions within two weeks of purchase, unless the edition has not yet been fabricated.
• Your edition will be dispatched with a tracked and signed courier service. You will receive an email notification when your order is on its way.
• Shipping times are as follows:
United Kingdom: 1–2 weeks
International: 2–4 weeks (subject to customs clearance)
Harland Miller - OUI (XL)
‘Oui’ is just a really positive word that you could reasonably be forgiven
for wanting to hear over and over – better than ‘oh mais non!’ Like when trying to get lunch at two minutes past two at Brasserie Biron. – Harland Miller
Created through multiple layers of woodcut printing and hand-finished by the print studio, OUI (2023) pays tribute to Harland Miller’s formative period as an artist and writer in Paris during the 1990s. This edition serves as a continuation of Miller’s 2021 exhibition, ‘The French Letter Paintings’ held at White Cube Paris, in which the artist used single words, typically of one or two syllables, as a focus for gestural abstraction.
In a nod to Charles Dickens, Miller wryly reflects on his time in Paris as
‘the best of times and the worst of times’. Marking an emotional and artistic coming of age, OUI captures this duality, marrying the poetic with the punchline. As Miller expressed this: ‘I had wondered if it would be possible
for people to feel the same way – to have the same connection and feel that their own personal story was just as effectively portrayed by one word alone, one short word, very short […] like YES!’
Through solid, chroma-rich applications of paint, OUI attests to Miller’s enduring engagement with the narrative, aural and typographical possibilities of language.
This edition is sold unframed and is available in two sizes: XL and XXL.
Create an Account
To view available artworks and access prices.