Virginia Overton Untitled 2016
Concrete, steel pipe and copper pipe
34.5 x 23 x 8.5 cm | 13 9/16 x 9 1/16 x 3 3/8 in.
Packaged in a wooden crate
Issued with a certificate of authenticity
Released by White Cube, 2016
• Editions cannot be resold to a third party for a period of five years.
• This edition is sold with a crate.
• Collection is possible for this edition at White Cube Bermondsey. This option will appear at checkout.
• All editions are packaged to the highest standards, managed at our warehouse using archival materials.
• Shipping charges are additional and will be calculated at checkout.
• We aim to dispatch editions within two weeks of purchase, unless the edition has not yet been fabricated.
• Your edition will be dispatched with a tracked and signed courier service. You will receive an email notification when your order is on its way.
• Shipping times are as follows:
United Kingdom: 1–2 weeks
International: 2–4 weeks (subject to customs clearance)
Virginia Overton - Untitled
Virginia Overton’s work often focuses on the physiological properties of sculpture; the effects of matter, weight, density and luminosity. Interested in repurposing and reusing existing materials, in this edition, each of which is unique, Overton marries two distinct materials: pipe off-cuts and salvaged concrete bricks.
The sculpture uses the materials’ own form, surface quality and weight to resolve into a composition which relies on balance and tension. As with many of Overton’s sculptures, this work can be seen as performative in that it harnesses what Overton has described as ‘the natural push and pull’ in the materials.
Composed of four separate elements, the work must be assembled by its new owner. Each edition is accompanied by installation instructions and a unique case made using recycled wood.
Create an Account
To view available artworks and access prices.