Darren Almond The Principle of Moments - Manadagur: 19:48 2010
33.1 x 22.1 cm | 13 1/16 x 8 11/16 in. (framed)
Signed and numbered
Released by White Cube, 2010
• The image of the artwork shows a proof, not the final edition, and each edition may vary slightly from this image.
• The purchase price is inclusive of VAT. If VAT is not applicable to the sale, any VAT added to the price will be deducted upon confirmation of the delivery address at check-out and prior to you making payment.
• International orders may be subject to additional local taxes or import duties.
• Sales are strictly limited to one edition per household.
• The edition number will be allocated at the point of sale.
• Editions cannot be resold to a third party for a period of five years.
• White Cube reserves the right to cancel or refund orders for any reason.
• Please read our full online terms of sale.
• This edition is sold framed.
• Collection is possible for this edition at White Cube Bermondsey. This option will appear at checkout.
• All editions are packaged to the highest standards, managed at our warehouse using archival materials.
• Shipping charges are additional and will be calculated at checkout.
• We aim to dispatch editions within two weeks of purchase, unless the edition has not yet been fabricated.
• Your edition will be dispatched with a tracked and signed courier service. You will receive an email notification when your order is on its way.
• Shipping times are as follows:
United Kingdom: 1–2 weeks
International: 2–4 weeks (subject to customs clearance)
Darren Almond - The Principle of Moments - Manadagur: 19:48
Darren Almond’s Principle of Moments (2010) is a series of time-lapse photographs depicting the jagged landscape of the Faroe Islands, close to the Arctic Circle. For this work, Almond photographed the site every minute of every hour, throughout the longest day of the year.
This coastline’s extreme geographical location means it is exposed to diverse weather conditions. These photographs collectively document the landscape’s shifting climate and the passage of light, creating an elaborate sequence of imagery that becomes a measure of time. Using the same frame for each photograph, a multiplicity of differences arises from image to image: passing mist obscures the mountain’s peak; rainclouds shower the plunging waterfall; the sun sinks behind the mountain, shadowing the sea.
Delivering a melancholy register, these photographs are emblematic of Almond’s meditation on notions of time, landscape and travel, as well as political and historical memory. Each minute from an entire day was photographed on the summer solstice and therefore each work is unique.
Please contact us for a PDF file of the available minutes. Each edition is fabricated once ordered so please allow 4–5 weeks for delivery.
Create an Account
To view available artworks and access prices.