Antony Gormley Stand Up for Ukraine 2022
Photopolymer gravure on Somerset 300gsm textured paper
59 x 40.7 cm | 23 1/4 x 16 in.
Signed and numbered
Released by White Cube, 2022
• The image of the artwork shows a proof, not the final edition, and each edition may vary slightly from this image.
• All proceeds from the sale of this edition will go to charities supporting Ukraine.
• The purchase price is inclusive of VAT. If VAT is not applicable to the sale, any VAT added to the price will be deducted upon confirmation of the delivery address at check-out and prior to you making payment.
• International orders may be subject to additional local taxes or import duties.
• Sales are strictly limited to one edition per household.
• The edition number will be allocated at the point of sale.
• Editions cannot be resold to a third party for a period of five years.
• White Cube reserves the right to cancel or refund orders for any reason.
• Please read our full online terms of sale.
• This edition is sold unframed.
• Collection is possible for this edition at White Cube Bermondsey. This option will appear at checkout.
• All editions are packaged to the highest standards, managed at our warehouse using archival materials.
• Shipping charges are additional and will be calculated at checkout.
• We aim to dispatch editions within two weeks of purchase, unless the edition has not yet been fabricated.
• Your edition will be dispatched with a tracked and signed courier service. You will receive an email notification when your order is on its way.
• Shipping times are as follows:
United Kingdom: 1–2 weeks
International: 2–4 weeks (subject to customs clearance)
Antony Gormley - Stand Up for Ukraine
'Having visited Kyiv many times and having exhibited there twice – when I received the warmth, hospitality, and friendship of many Ukrainians - I wanted to express in a simple way the solidarity I feel with their bravery and resistance to injustice. This is the space of a standing man in a changing field that confines and extends him. It expresses my empathy for the bravery and sacrifice of all those Ukrainians defending their lives and land and I hope it will touch the empathy of others here and encourage them to help in whatever way they can.'
– Antony Gormley
Stand Up for Ukraine (2022) is an edition by Antony Gormley, which echoes his 2020 edition Together. A single field of colour pools, coagulates and dries to form an open silhouette of a body, finding form in an exchange between amalgamation and concentration, suggesting a process of connected care, of unity in separateness.
Hope and Homes for Children is working with Ukrainian authorities to ensure institutionalised child evacuees are monitored, tracked, recorded, and cared for in a safe environment. In the southwestern border nations of Moldova and Romania, the charity is helping to replenish resources at emergency relief, registration and reception centres, and ensuring the safe evacuation of children, their carers and their families.
Care International is helping to provide vital food, hygiene and medical support inside Ukraine, as well as essential supplies, psychosocial support and livelihood training in neighbouring countries for refugees who are fleeing over the border. The charity is also providing life-saving support to those in crisis in other areas around the world affected by conflict and crises, including Yemen, Afghanistan, Syria and Ethiopia, with a particular focus on the needs of women and girls.
Create an Account
To view available artworks and access prices.