Rachel Kneebone 10 2014
• The image of the artwork shows a proof, not the final edition, and each edition may vary slightly from this image.
• The purchase price is inclusive of VAT. If VAT is not applicable to the sale, any VAT added to the price will be deducted upon confirmation of the delivery address at check-out and prior to you making payment.
• International orders may be subject to additional local taxes or import duties.
• Sales are strictly limited to one edition per household.
• The edition number will be allocated at the point of sale.
• Editions cannot be resold to a third party for a period of five years.
• White Cube reserves the right to cancel or refund orders for any reason.
• Please read our full online terms of sale.
• Collection is possible for this edition at White Cube Bermondsey. This option will appear at checkout.
• All editions are packaged to the highest standards, managed at our warehouse using archival materials.
• Shipping charges are additional and will be calculated at checkout.
• We aim to dispatch editions within two weeks of purchase, unless the edition has not yet been fabricated.
• Your edition will be dispatched with a tracked and signed courier service. You will receive an email notification when your order is on its way.
• Shipping times are as follows:
United Kingdom: 1–2 weeks
International: 2–4 weeks (subject to customs clearance)
Rachel Kneebone - 10
In this very limited edition of unique sculptures, Rachel Kneebone uses her signature material of white porcelain to create six unique pod-like shapes that are housed in a standard cardboard egg box.
One pod is split open at the top, revealing further detail and activity inside. The delicate, organic quality of the porcelain pods is reminiscent of the smooth surface of an egg. Contrasting the rough, natural cardboard, the unexpected yet pleasurable juxtaposition of its materials invites an immediate sense of the surreal.
The evocation of a Surrealist gesture, as well as the notion of l’informe from the writings of Georges Bataille, is a theme that Kneebone has repeatedly returned to in her more monumental sculptures. Following this, the artist’s edition blurs the boundaries between the conscious and the subconscious and the real and the imagined, in visceral forms that are at once erotic, elegiac and hermetic.
Create an Account
To view available artworks and access prices.